Worbla Mesh Art Properties:
- Worbla's Mesh Art is activated by heat (approx. 80-90C / 175-195F).
- The mesh on Worbla's Mesh Art does not form through the product when heated and shaped, even over complex curves. This means that the surface stays smooth Ð comparable to Worbla's Finest Art.
- The adhesive in Worbla's Mesh Art is stronger and tackier than Worbla's Finest Art: this means it is even easier to blend seams and edges, but it is strongly suggested you work over a silicone sheet or parchment paper as Worbla's Mesh Art may stick very firmly to your workspace.
- Worbla's Mesh Art can take complex curves, both positive and negative, just as well as Worbla's Finest Art. Some edges may need slightly more blending, but you will not have the 'dart' or fold effect that Wonderflex can give.
- Worbla's Mesh Art is stronger and resistant to tearing once heated and cooled. If you need a strong supported prop or accessory, you may be able to use one layer of Worbla's Mesh Art when two layers of Finest Art would have been needed. You can also reinforce an area by layering Worbla's Mesh Art behind Finest or Black Art.
- Worbla's Mesh Art Scraps Can Be Recycled! Since there is a higher amount of adhesive plastic and a finer grid, scraps and bits of Worbla's Mesh Art can be re-blended and used for sculpting with a surface only slightly more rough than reblended Finest Art scraps. It can also be mixed with Finest Art scraps, and even rolled into new sheets that will not be as strong as the original, but still have resilience. If you've ever tried to recycle Wonderflex scraps you know it's difficult to get anything smooth.
- You will still need to prime Worbla's Mesh Art the same as Worbla's Finest or Black Art, if you want a flat, shiny surface for painting.
Worbla thermoplastics conform to ASTM D-4236 standards certified non-toxic.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.