Winterstone ULTRA Mix is a rich, extra fine WINTERSTONE formulation with increased strength, toughness and bonding properties. It may be used on its own, without any additives, as the surface layering(s) of a sculpture (cast or directly modelled) where the sculptor desires a highly refined polishable / burnishable surface. ULTRA Mix may be used as a surface medium to achieve a metallic effect with either the addition of metallic powders (i.e. iron, brass, bronze etc.), or with the addition of Iron Oxide pigments.
The procedures outlined in the SCULPTING MIX BULLETIN are applicable in using the ULTRA Mix on its own. If ULTRA Mix is being used to produce a Metallic effect, the added metallic powders should NOT exceed 1 part metallic to 3 parts ULTRA Mix (measured volumetrically). The procedures outlined in the ICING MIX #11 Bulletin (for Hi-Metallic effects) are applicable in using the ULTRA Mix. Ultra Mix Specific Volume = 20 to 21 cubic in. per Lb. Suggested Mix Ratios:
- Hi-Metallic Effect 2 parts metallic / 3 parts ICING or even 1 part metallic / 2 parts ICING
- Medium-Metallic Effect 1 part metallic / 3 parts ULTRA
- Low-Metallic Effect 1 part metallic / 4 or 5 parts ULTRA
- The amount and colour of oxide pigment used (if any).
- The amount and type of metallic powder used (if any).
- The concentration and composition of the chemical solution usedto react with the hardened WINTERSTONE surface.
- The concentration and composition of the chemical solution usedto react with the incorporated metallic powder.
- The technique used in applying the reactive chemical solutions.
- The texture of the hardened WINTERSTONE surface.
- The type of sealer used.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.