The Costume Making Guide : Creating Armor and Props for Cosplay is a beginnerÕs guide to armor and prop making so that anyone Ð no matter their background knowledge Ð can make their costume dreams a reality. Internationally known cosplayer Kamui Cosplay (a.k.a. Svetlana Quindt) shows you how to easily create elaborate costume armor and successful props out of items available at your local arts and craft or hardware stores: turn foam into a realistic axe, create a breastplate from scratch and use a glue gun to modify just about anything. Also includes the basic process of building and working with Worbla. Packed with more than 30 step-by-step demonstrations that teach the skills you need to bring all your favorite characters to life no matter the genre, Kamui Cosplay deconstructs the work that goes into making a complete costume, from the first thought to the final photo. Tutorials cover design planning, fabricating body armor, 3D painting techniques and more. 128 full color pages
- How to choose a costume and find good reference art.
- Patterning and Construction advice.
- A short shopping list of necessary materials and tools for beginning cosplayers.
- Basic safety tips.
- How to create realistic paint jobs with simple acrylics.
- A beautiful photo gallery featuring inspiring images from other cosplayers.
- How to grow your workshop, take professional photos, participate in contests and join the cosplay community.