Produces an antique metallic black finish on iron, steel and nickel. Color: Blackener
- Metal surface must be cleaned of all lacquer, oil, wax, and grease.
- Gloves should be worn to prevent surface contamination.
- JAX Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener should be tested on metal surface to determine surface suitability and reaction.
- Will not affect stainless steel. Will not prevent rust from forming on metal surface.
- JAX Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener must be applied as a cold patina, do not coat heated or hot metal surfaces.
- Apply patina to surface with a bristle brush. Optionally, dip the entire object into the solution. JAX Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener will react quickly with the metal surface. When opting to perform a dip patina, the solution may be diluted with distilled water to neutralize the reaction intensity. Dilution ratios can vary depending on desired darkening effect. Do not dilute with water if brushing the solution onto metal surface.
- Leaving the patina for an extended period of time on the metal surface will result in the JAX Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener to rub off the metal easily.
- Once the deisred darkening has been achieved, rinse the metal well with distilled water and dry surface.
- Steel Wool or 3M Scotch-Brite Ultra Fine Pads can be used to alter the intensity of the patina darkness on the metal surface as desired. Additional Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener solution may be re-applied should you need to re-darken the metal surface.
- Oil, wax, or lacquer sealer may be applied to metal surface. JAX Iron, Steel and Nickel Blackener may also be left untreated if desired.
- Although JAX products do not expire, they must be stored at room temperature in tightly sealed original containers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.