The Foredom #5240 SR Series 1/6HP Kits are ForedomÕs most popular flex shaft for general use. It combines such features as power, reversability, reliability and versatility. Operates at speeds up to 18000 RPM. Applications include: sanding, grinding, deburring, etc. on carving stones, wood, metals, plastics and plaster materials.
The Foredom #5240 SR Series Kit contains:
Series SR Motor: Foredom's most popular and best motor for general use. The 1/6 hp, ball bearing, hang-up style M.SR runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It offers substantially more power than any of our older universal motors - 66% more than Series CC and 33% more than Series S and old SR motors. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and our standard 39" long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom's 19 interchangeable handpieces.
C.FCT Speed Control: Foredom's most popular foot operated speed control. It has solid state electronics and comes in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide design.
H.44T Handpiece: This collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accomodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4". It comes with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a member of the Foredom system of interchangeable handpieces.
AKWK53 Accessory Kit: 26 pc. assortment with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom- ScotchBrite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
Fur, Feathers, and Fins: 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank's congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve. Rotating Bur Holder for all size shank accessories
Flexible shaft grease
Advantages of Operating in Reverse Rotation:
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool when in reverse.
- Reverse mode helps to keep dust debris flying away from right-handed users.
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives.
- Reverse helps with symmetrical grinding and carving techniques.
- Reverse makes it easier to back out drill bits that are stuck.
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals.
FOREDOM PRODUCT WARRANTIES: All Foredom warranty issues require your tool's serial number and proof of purchase for warranty repairs.
Products with 2 Year Limited Warranty:
- Series TX and TXH Motors and Controls; Power Tool Kits K.TXH440, K.TX300, K.TX301, K.5400
- 1/6HP Series SR, SRM, SRH and SR CE Motors and Controls; Kits K.2220, K.2221, K.2230, K.2231, K.2272, K.2273, K.5200, K.5230, K.5240, K.5241, K.5300, K.SRH440
- Series LX and LXH Motors and Controls; Power Tool Kits K.2240, K.2245, K.2250, K.2252
- PowerGraver¨ (PGX) Motor, Control and Power Tool Kit K.2293
- Arch Trimmer
- Brushless Micromotor Kit K.1050
- Micromotor Kits K.1020, K.1070, K.1080 and K.1090
- Wax Carver
- BL Lathe and Kits
- Drill Presses
- Angle Grinder, Belt Sander and Collet Adapter Attachments
- Handpieces for Flexible Shaft Machines
- Shafts, Sheaths, Duplex Springs
Repair Services: Authorized repair service is available at the Foredom factory. Send items to Foredom marked "Attention: Repair Department". Enclose the item(s), a packing list, your address, and the best way to contact you - phone, fax or email address and information regarding the problem or repairs required. Estimates of repair cost will be made upon request. It is Foredom's policy not to proceed with a repair without your approval if the cost (labor plus parts) is more than fifty percent of the cost for a new replacement. You will be notified and advised of the cost to repair and to purchase a new replacement.
Send Repairs to:
The Foredom Electric Co.
"Attention: Repair Department"
16 Stony Hill Road
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.