FlexBond Primer & Adhesive is one of the best coatings for thermoplastics. FlexBond is a glue and sealant originally designed for foam. Costumers have used it to seal foam for armor and propwork for years. On Worbla, FlexBond creates a smooth, paintable and flexible surface that is almost impossible to damage. FlexBond dries to a clear, hard, yet pliable coating that does not suffer from the "tackiness" common in many other flexible glues even after those glues have had days to dry. Unlike ordinary "white" glues which can crack and break when flexed, the adhesive bond of Rosco FlexBond remains extremely pliable and strong even as the materials bend and deform. This makes it ideal for coating thermoplastics such as Worbla and Wonderflex. FlexBond is water-based with little fumes. Requires only a few coats and no sanding or safety precautions. Size: 16oz
- FlexBond has a high surface tension allowing brush strokes to even out easier than other coatings thusly providing a smoother surface.
- FlexBond is meant to be a glue, so it 'grips' itself as you add layers minimizing drips and runs when applied in thin layers, while still drying without a tacky finish.
- FlexBond is water soluble, therfore if you encounter drips or runs it becomes easy to fix without having to repair a large area.
- FlexBond dries clear quickly.
- FlexBond is non-toxic and can be used in small spaces.
- FlexBond remains flexible allowing pieces to be flexed and struck without chipping or cracking.
- FlexBond will coat thermoplastics and foam with the same finish. You can coat pieces at the same time and paint them without distinct surface differences.
- FlexBond can smooth Worbla's Finest Art to a smooth, paintable finish in as little as 3 coats, and Black Art in 2 coats, though your coverage (and personal preference) may vary.
Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Allow applied layer to dry completely before applying second coat.
Surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dirt and grease.
Stir before using. Do not shake as bubbles may develop.
Use FlexBond undiluted on most non-porous and porous surfaces. FlexBond may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating, reducing brushstrokes.
Off-white, dries to a clear semi-gloss finish.
Approximately 250 sq. ft. per gallon (23 sq. m. per 3.79L).
Varies with application. Sets in 30 to 45 minutes. Full cure within 7 days.
Soap and water.
In addition to coating thermoplastics, FlexBond will adhere fabrics to fabrics, fabrics to wood, foam to wood or fabric and many other combinations. Its super adhesion allows FlexBond to be used in laminating blocks of foam together. It can be thinned with water, tinted with colorants or used as an additive to give other coatings like plaster or clay added flexibility.
Minimum 24 months. DO NOT FREEZE. KEEP AWAY FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.