The 1/4" ARG Fiber length is more suitable for near surface reinforcement applications where 1/2" lengths may pose more challenge in conforming to busy surface details or curvatures. Alkali Resistant (AR) Chopped Glass Fibers are high integrity strands that are designed to resist breaking down during mixing and processing so that the fibers stay as a bundle of filaments. These fibers are particularly suitable for Premix and other mortar and concrete reinforcement applications. Suitable for use with the Winterstone Castiing medium. Length: 1/4 in.
The properties of AR-glass fibers result in a stronger concrete mix with a longer service life because of their:
- High modulus of elasticity
- High tensile strength
- High zirconia content assists in improved resistance to alkali attack. Excellent acid resistance.
- Superior fiber-matrix bonding capabilities:
- Mixing minerals with minerals results in total fiber incorporation in the mass without segregation.
- Similar density to concrete
- Typical dosage rate will be 1-1/2 lbs/cu. yd. of concrete
- Non-combustibility up to 2200ûF(1204ûC) and corrosion-resistance
- Workability at high dosages and superior performance at low dosages
Filament Diameter: 13.5 +/- 2.0 mm.
Moisture Content: Less than 0.5%
Strand Length: 6.0 +/- 2.0 mm.
Alkali resistant glass fiber products are manufactured in compliance with ASTM C1666/C 1666M, EN 15422 and under recommendations of PCI and GRCA.
This chopped strand is design for use in Fiber Reinforced Concrete (FRC) for plastic shrinkage crack control. It is not intended for general use in GFRC.
With a filament diameter of 14 microns, AR-glass fibers pose no health hazards, since fibers with diameters greater than 3 microns cannot be inhaled. A further safety feature is that AR glass fibers always break with the same cross section without any reduction in diameter.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.