*All prices are in Canadian funds.
BR ECC Pre-Blended Mix 50 Lb Bag (BRECC50) (801283)
The ECC pre-blended mix is designed using the most advanced concrete mix design theory currently available. Designed to produce tremendous ductility and tensile capacity, and is more likely to bend than break. The mix produces a very dense and strong concrete. Boasting impressive strengths, the habits of workability with these mixes open up unique and interesting possibilities as well. This mix can create workabilities that range from taffy to clay to pancake batter. Size: 50 Lb Bag
ECC mixes require care be given through the mixing process to ensure success, and should be carefully considered by one unfamiliar with the material. ECC is reinforced with high loadings of fiber which are carefully chosen so as not to affect the finished visual aesthetic.
The mix uses all white ingredients naturally curing to a bone white. The mix can be pigmented to any color using the BR Color Series, Custom Color, or with our Pure Pigments. The mix has all of the necessary high performance ingredients preblended, including curing polymer, such that only water and necessary reinforcement need to be added. The workability of the mix can be changed with the addition of our series of water reducers.
- Separate +/- 30% of dry mix and set aside.
- Add water and water reducer to 70% of your dry ingredients and mix until fully blended.
- When using acrylic fiber, mix fibers with 20% of the mix to create an acrylic fiber slurry.
- After initial blending, add acrylic fiber slurry and any pigments you are using, blend until homogeneous.
- Slowly add 70% of the remaining dry ingredients into the mix. Blend until homogeneous.
- Add PVA fibers slowly while continuing to blend until the fibers are fully dispersed.
- Add PVA 15 fibers first followed by PVA 100.
- Blend about 3 minutes after final addition of fibers for full dispersion.
- Slowly add the remainder of the dry mix, blend until homogeneous.
- Temper with Water Reducer as needed for desired consistency.
COVERAGE AND CEMENT CONTENT
This mix is typically done at 0.75" - 1" thick. This mix is often cast at 3/8" thick for objects like tiles, but considerations must be given in the handling and support of the piece.
Coverage: One Bag covers +/- 5 sq. ft. at 1" thick.
Cement Content: 28.45 Lb
AquaCon Concrete Release
Buddy Rhodes Products Manual