*All prices are in Canadian funds.
Contour Mesh - Aluminum 1/16" 16"x20" Three Sheets (801501)
Aluminum Mesh can be used as an armature for other modeling materials or by itself to create unusual metal works of art. WireForm is a specially manufactured metal mesh that is pliable enough to mold, yet sturdy enough to add structure to clays and modeling materials including Form-iT and Chavant Clays. WireForm is perfect for the many modeling and sculptural design challenges facing artists, crafters, architects, and students. A flat piece of WireForm easily transforms into three-dimensional shapes by simply molding, crimping, twisting, expanding, and gathering. WireForm is available in a selection of expandable and woven metal mesh patterns, designed to provide a wide variety of art, craft, and model-making options. The expandable mesh is made from specially manufactured metals that give it incredible flexibility and strength. Its unique raised diamond strands expand to form three-dimensional shapes. Since it can stretch into tight contours and shapes, it is ideal for detailed projects and delicate crafts. The woven wires create a structural grid that assumes different textures as it is bent and molded. The heavier meshes are recommended for supporting sculptures using clay. Metal: ALUMINUM Size: 1/16in. (1.58mm) Pattern Packaged: 3 Sheets 16" x 20" (406 x 508 mm)
- Armatures A sturdy armature base for clay, plaster cloth, papier mache and other modeling materials.
- Fine Art For creating innovative wire sculptures, unique mixed media designs and maquettes.
- Crafts Ideal for gift items, decorative arts, as ornament for floral arrangements and figurines.
- School Projects Excellent for puppets, masks, volcanoes, dioramas.
- Model Making / Miniatures Well suited for model train landscapes and various prototypes.
- Architecture Build scale model structures and architectural details.
- Set Decorations Construct theater and film props.
- Home and Garden Decor Make lamp shades, wall sconces, baskets, candle holders, tableware, topiaries.
WORKING WITH WIREFORM SUGGESTIONS
- Layer, mix, and match different meshes.
- Join seams by hot gluing, crimping or weaving seams together.
- To remove jagged edges, create a "hem" by folding under or stitching with craft wire or heavy thread.
- To cut designs out of a heavier mesh, place gaffer tape on desired area. Draw contour on tape and cut with metal cutters.
- Paint with spray paint or acrylic paints, or patina using Sculpt Nouveau Patinas.
- Cover with a modeling compound such as Aves Epoxy Clays, or Super Sculpey polymer clays and bake.