*All prices are in Canadian funds.
ARG Chop Strand 1/2" 44Lb Bag (240132)
Alkali Resistant (AR) Chopped Glass Fibers are high integrity strands that are designed to resist breaking down during mixing and processing so that the fibers stay as a bundle of filaments. These fibers are particularly suitable for Premix and other mortar and concrete reinforcement applications. Suitable for use with the Winterstone Castiing medium. Length: 1/2 in. Unit Size: 44 Lb bag
The properties of AR-glass fibers result in a stronger concrete mix with a longer service life because of their:
- 100 filaments per strand
- High modulus of elasticity
- High tensile strength
- Superior fiber-matrix bonding capabilities:
- Mixing minerals with minerals results in total fiber incorporation in the mass without segregation.
- Similar density to concrete
- Non-combustibility up to 2200 F(1204 C) and corrosion-resistance
- Workability at high dosages and superior performance at low dosages
With a filament diameter of 14 microns, AR-glass fibers pose no health hazards, since fibers with diameters greater than 3 microns cannot be inhaled. A further safety feature is that AR glass fibers always break with the same cross section without any reduction in diameter.